Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days of Being Thankful

On Facebook people are taking time in the month of November to state what they are thankful for each day.  I guess I have fallen into that category as well!!  ;)  It is kind of fun and makes you think about what you truly are thankful for and why!  I will post what I am thankful for here as well, because they tend to disappear on Facebook and I, personally, would like to come back to them just in case I need a reminder!!

So, here is Day 1 through 10...

Day 1:
I am thankful for my husband, he is an amazing man and father and is my best friend! I'm glad I get to grow old with him.


Day 2:
I am thankful for my two beautiful children who bring a light to my life that I didn't know existed. They are amazing in their own unique way and I love them so much!

Day 3:
I am thankful for my dad. He is an amazing man as well and is so supportive no matter what. He was/is a great example of what a loving spouse should be when it came to my mom. He took his vows to heart and I admire him for that in so many ways! I love him lots!

Day 4:
I am thankful for my in-laws and not just my mother-in-law and father-in-law, but the whole extended family as well. I could not have asked for a better "in-law" family. I love you all very much!


Day 5:
Today I am thankful for my beautiful niece, Lydia. She came into this world 11 years ago today and made me an Auntie for the first time! Happy birthday Lydia! Love you lots!


Day 6:
I am thankful for our daycare. I know it sounds kind of silly, but these are some amazing people! They are more like an extended family. We like them and the other kids so much we went to Disney on Ice with them yesterday. When we moved up here 4 years ago, we truly lucked out when we found Brier Patch. Thank you Tom, Sharon, Heather, Callie and Cathy for loving our kids so much!


Day 7:
I am thankful for a wonderful boss, Mary Doolittle Burns. She is one amazing lady who truly cares about us and takes the time to make sure we are heard and our needs are met. She will even put on some soup or chilli, make us some grilled cheese sandwiches or even cooks us breakfast!! Who could ask for a better boss!! Thank you Mary!!


Day 8:
I am thankful for our great school community. I love that as I am walking in or out of the school I am greeted by friendly faces!! Thanks Pioneer family for being great!!


Day 9:
I am thankful for the things we take forgranted, such as food in our cupboards, a roof over our head, cars that work, clothes on our backs, shoes on our feet and so on and so forth. It is so easy to think of the things we DON'T have instead of focusing on the things we DO have.


Day 10:
I am thankful for my wonderful friends!! I am very lucky to have them in my life and don't know where I would be without them. Some I have known for quite some time and others not as long, but I love and cherish all of them!!! I won't name names, because I would accidently forget someone, but you all know who you are!!


So, there we have it for the first 10 days!!

No comments: