Sunday, October 30, 2011

Half way marker...

The first six months of one of the hardest years of my life has now come and gone.  Friday was the official "marker" of that milestone.  Friday was the six month anniversary of mom passing.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of her.  Whether it is a fleeting moment or while I am doing something that she would have done or taught me.  Just the other day I was hemming Lizzie's Halloween costume and just doing that made me think of her.  She's the one that taught me to do that kind of thing.  I pull out my cookbook she made my brother and I and of course I think of her, how can I not!!  JJ even told me that seeing me pull my sewing kit out made him think of her too.

I know that she has one of the best seats to see it all, but it isn't any easier on those of us left behind.  I also know she sent the baby I am carrying down with love and sent it to arrive in one of my hardest months.  It's the month she left us as well as a couple of other close loved ones.  But it is also the month many blessings have come into this world and I need to remind myself of that.  A friend told me that she sent this baby down with a kiss and that is how I will think of it. 

I still catch myself picking up the phone to call her to tell her about something, but know it isn't possible.  She was my go-to person to call and chat with.  I call dad now and we check in almost on a daily basis.  We are getting through it and will get through it, but it is not something that goes away quickly.

I love you mom and miss you so much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss her too. She was pretty amazing woman. So many things remind me of my grandpa whenever I'm at home. Time does help but you'll never stop missing people that died.