Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Day in Between

July 21st...it's the day after our wedding/anniversary and the day before one of the best days of our lives.

Nine years ago today we were arriving in the Bahamas to enjoy our honeymoon at a Sandals Resort.  What an amazing place that was!!  One day we want to go back again.  The pictures we looked at online before we left didn't lie about the beauty of the place.  Here are a couple of pictures from our honeymoon.

We dubbed this little beach area "Durfee Beach" because no one was there while we were, so we got it all to ourselves.

This was at one of the many restaurants they had on the resort.


And again, we fast forward to two years later - 2004 - and it was the beginning of an exciting, yet scary, experience.  I do love telling this story.  This was the day it all began.  It was our last day in Vegas so we were going to make the most of it.  We went swimming at the Hard Rock Hotel with Jacian and Scott and Scott's dad and brother.  We had a really good meal at the Hard Rock Cafe too!!  It wasn't until later in the evening and we were at the Paris casino playing 3-card poker that I started getting uncomfortable.  I thought at first it was the chairs I was sitting in and then I realized my stomach was getting tighter every once in a while.  Nothing painful, just annoying.  JJ's mom and grandma were there, so we asked them what I should do and they both suggested I just go back to the hotel room and get some rest.  So, JJ and I headed back to our hotel room and I started dozing in and out while JJ was watching TV.  He started to get restless and asked if I minded if he walked over to one of the casinos close by and I told him go for it.  I was just resting and we were heading home the next day, so why not?! 

Well, around 8pm I was laying there, in the bed, and all of a sudden WOOSH, my water broke!!!  Boy, was I thankful for cell phones!!!  I called JJ right away, obviously, and he told me later that he cashed out the machine he was playing on and ran through the casino.  He was afraid that the security people were going to stop him or something.  My next call was to my mother-in-law, who was at the Belagio watching the water show.  I then called my mom to let her know what was happening.  We were all in disbelief!!  Mom got on a flight as soon as she could.  Sherri, Jacian, Stasia and Grandma left all the guys at the Belagio without any money for a taxi.  Obviously they found a way back.

We had several rooms at the hotel we were staying at and I was all alone except for JJ's younger cousin, Missy, who was getting ready to go out for her 21st birthday, but had to wait until midnight.  So, she came over to our room and helped me until everyone else got there.  Before I know it I'm surrounded by everyone in the hotel room.  After a bit of struggling, Missy got the front desk to finally call an ambulance.  We got to the hospital and we waited.  I was finally moved to a room where we waited some more.  My water may have broken, but nothing else was really progressing...  They let me labor overnight, in hopes that I would progress on my own.  So, I was able to get a little sleep and we waited some more...

To be continued... 

No comments: