Dylan is now 11 months old and is quite the crawler!! He will be on one side of the room one minute and the next thing you know he is on the other side of the room. Or even worse, he has found his way to the stairs and is halfway up them before you realize it!! But he is slowly starting to gain confidence in his legs and will walk along things no problem and will stand up and let go of whatever he is holding onto, but when you try to coax him to walk to you or just to take a step...he will fall down and crawl to you instead!!
He is one of the most flexible kids I know. When he is really mad about something he will just flop over in half with his head between his feet and bury his face in the ground and cry about it. It's funny and cute and all, but also has the makings for some bad tantrums...which will have to be nixed!!
Then there is big sissy!! She loves her little brother!! She will dote on him when she feels like it, but he is also getting mobile enough to where he is starting to try and get into her stuff!! She doesn't always like that and is learning very quickly that she needs to share. I brought home some stuff from a co-worker that her son had grown out of and let the kids play with them. Well, Lizzie decides she wants to play with some of the stuff, but they were intended for Dylan, so she gives him one piece of the many and hordes the rest for herself. Again, comical in some ways, but not in others.
One Monday morning not too long ago was a little rough. She was teary about everything and I was getting frustrated with her. So I thought it would be a great idea to tell her that I was going to go sign her up for Kindergarten that week and she starts to cry. I asked her why she was crying and she said "Because I'm not 5 yet!" I told her that she would be ok and that I was just signing her up!! That didn't necesarily help, but she did quit crying. I just can't believe that she will be starting kindergarten in only a few months!! Time flies when you have kids!!
1 comment:
Hey Jenny! I like the stories... definately could use some pics of your cuties though!! Keep it up, I'll read!! Yay!!!!
Post a Comment