Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What a night!!

Last Friday to Saturday I had quite an experience!! I was lucky enough to participate in the Relay for Life in Arlington. I was the team captain for a group of us from work, team "Signs for Change", and we had a great time!!

I was fortunate enough to have my mom and dad come up from Oregon to participate in the event as well. My mom is a survivor or maybe a better word is a warrior!! She has been battling stage four lung cancer for four years now!! She keeps fighting it and keeps beating it!! She was one of my main reasons for doing the relay this year.




Mom was a trooper as were my teammates!! Here are a couple of team pictures that were taken.






I was proud to be a member of this team!!! We all worked well together and raised over $3100!! Not too shabby for our first year and not knowing what to expect!!! The Arlington Relay for Life raised over $227,000 and I think that broke the national rookie relay record!!!

Looking forward to next year!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great job you guys! Congrats to your mom, too :)

Sabbatical, Phase 6- next? said...

Awesome! Good job team!!!