Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Proud Mama

One of the great things about being a parent is how you get to see your children grow and become successful at things.

Dylan is growing each day is able to do things more and more independently. He can climb up and down the stairs almost unassisted - whether we want him to or not!!

We are just in the beginning phases of potty training - he has actually gone several times both at home and at daycare. He gets excited each time and we celebrate each time too. Big Sissy gets just as excited as Mommy and Daddy!!

He is fearless!! He lets us sit him in his big Tonka dump truck and push him down the driveway and he is all smiles the whole time!! He will even "count" when Daddy and Lizzie are playing hide and seek!! Again, cute!!

Lizzie too has grown in leaps and bounds!!! Last night we were at her dance class and they tried on their costumes for their dance recital coming up soon and she was SO cute!! Then when I didn't think it could get any cuter, they did their routine!!! She has been working on this one move trying to figure out how to do it and one morning she comes in while I am getting ready and says "Look Mommy!! I can do my up downs!!". She was so proud of herself, which in turn makes me proud of her. And, back to dance class, the whole time she was doing her routine she had the biggest smile on her face, especially when we got to the "up-down" part. I had a tear in my eye and it wasn't even her recital yet!!!

She is also playing T-ball again this year and loves it once again!! Last week during her practice several people took notice of her "skills". She hit the ball off the tee well and she threw pretty good too. She is one of the "older" ones on the team - she's 5 and the age range is 4-5!!! Her first game is Saturday, so we will see how she does at the game!!

She has also been very successful in Kindergarten. Well, I say "very", but I'm biased!! She's proving to be a pretty good reader and enjoys doing so too!! Last Friday when I went to pick the kids up from daycare, she was reading the book to the group of kids, with the teacher helping!! She was thrilled and I was thrilled for her!!

I'm just so fortunate to have two great kids and I couldn't be more prouder of the two of them!!

No comments: