Monday, June 22, 2009

My Little Lollipop


Lizzie recently starred in her first recital. Well, I say "starred" but she was with a group of cute little sailor girls. But this was the wrap up of her ballet/tap class for the year. It was SO much fun watching her perform and made her mommy and daddy VERY proud!! They did a tap routine to "Good Ship Lollipop" and I do believe got the biggest round of applause after their performance!! (That could be the proud Mommy talking though again...).


The best part for me, I think, was during the morning performance (they did a morning and an evening performance) when she spotted us in the audience and just locked eyes with us and had the BIGGEST smile on her face the whole time!! Then when she came back out for the big finale at the end, she once again spotted us and had a big grin on her face and waved to us again!!

This picture is a shot of her in action during the performance.



Here is a link to a video of Lizzie at dance practice a few months ago. I will try to get the dress rehersal version up on here, if I can figure it out...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9rBne2RlWo


Here are some pictures we took on "Picture Night" at practice.





After the pictures were taken they danced in their outfits for the first time and the parents got to watch!!








Good job Lizzie!! You did a great job and Mommy and Daddy are proud of you!!

2 comments:

JJ said...

Great job Schnookums! As everybody knows I am a huge sports fan, so when Lizzie started doing ballet and tap dancing I was well as long as she is having fun, but it will suck for me. Well I found out when your kids are doing something you as a parent don't care what it is. I had a lot of fun watching Lizzie do it and was coaching her through this as well. Even though I am the last person you would want advice from in this area.

Sabbatical, Phase 6- next? said...

Cute pics!! And JJ, I agree... that's how I got into baseball. Its a whole new world when your kids are in it!!! right now we are totally into BUGS!! who knew how much fun you could have with creepy, crawly bugs......